Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Preview of Tiffany Girl by Deeanne Gist


I am so excited about having the opportunity to be on the Launch Team for the upcoming release of Tiffany Girl. After reading a few preview chapters (not nearly enough for me!), I can't wait to read the rest of this book. 

Flossie is a young women who has a very determined and independent spirit. She loves taking painting classes and is very upset to find out her father will not be paying for another term. During one of her last classes,  Louis Comfort Tiffany visits to take a look at some of the work. Men in his factory have gone on strike and now he needs to do something to continue the factory work, so he hires a few ladies to work for him. He finds some common ground with Flossie and hires her as well. Telling her parents this was not easy as they felt a woman's place was in her home. Flossie had already determined to go against her parents' wish to take the job and move out.

Flossie is settling in with her roommate at a boardinghouse while  journalist Reeve Wilder is in the next room. He is of the same mindset of Flossie's parents when it comes to what women should do.

And that, folks is where the preview ended. I have my thoughts and predictions, but for now I shall keep them to myself. How about you? Are you anxious about the release of Tiffany Girl?

1 comment:

  1. I am on pins & needles waiting for my copy to get here. I love Flossie already after our preview chapters, and I can't wait to devour this book!

    ReplyDelete