Monday, April 27, 2015

Tiffany Girl by Deeanne Gist


It was a few years ago I accidentally came across one of Deeanne Gist's books (A Bride in the Bargain) and I became a fan. So, I was anxious to read Tiffany Girl. Let me say, this book did not disappoint. Being part of the launch team, I had the opportunity to read the first five chapters a couple weeks ago and did a preview post about the book. I had some ideas about where the characters where headed, but there were a few loops that threw me. I like that in a book.

Flossie is an extremely independent young lady at a time in history that wasn't so kind to such a girl, especially when she takes a job that is considered "mannish." She is very naive when it comes to the ways of the world. She is a little too trusting at times. She feels she is on top of the world working as a Tiffany Girl. She soon finds out that she is not all she thinks she is. She really goes through some serious ups and downs, both in relationships and circumstances.

Reeve. At the beginning of the book, he comes off as standoffish and a loner with very rigid views. By the end of the book, he has softened in his views and has become quite a man. He too goes through some serious ups and downs just as Flossie does.

Life is always full of transitions and changes. It's important how we deal with them.

I feel like Deeanne writes with such creativity and purpose. Even though this book has historical facts throughout, it 's not an information dump. Facts are laced in with creativity and flow and well researched. I enjoyed hearing about how the Tiffany Girls worked and put the windows together. The descriptions Deeanne uses takes me to the place and time of the setting. I really felt I was in the Chapel with Flossie.

By the way, this book is historical fiction, not Christian fiction. The "racier" scenes are done with tact. Deeanne has shifted some to the mainstream fiction realm rather than keep it "Christian."

I don't want to give anything away for this book. It is worth the read. When this book comes out, I highly recommend getting it! Also, help a out by getting the book for a friend or even requesting your library get a copy.

Pre-order on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/147673853X/ref=tmm_hrd_new_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=new&sr=&qid=

No comments:

Post a Comment